Tuesday, January 19, 2016

New Year / 2016


This is my year people, it just is I can feel it. I feel settled and comfortable in my new city and ready to take on whatever adventures this year brings. After all, 6 is my lucky number!

I am the 6th child in my family, born on the 16th, in the year 86, I live in apt 1126, I was the 6th Sonography hired at my very first job in a brand new lab, I fell in love with the ice in 1996, I won Minnesota State when I was 16, I rolled a pair of 6's and won a free coffee (I almost never win anything that has to do with luck).

Anyway, enough of the crazy talk, as I look back at 2015 the first word that comes to mind is "change". I can hardly believe it at times just how much my life has changed in a year. The four and a half years I spent in Mankato felt like eternity while living through it, I wondered if my life was ever going to change, if that opportunity for change would ever present itself.
Looking back, it feels like I blinked and just like that four and a half years were over. It's amazing how much I have changed, my goals in life have changed. I have a goal again and I love it. I am now at the rink coaching five days a week! Some days are hard, they get long, I get tired but it's worth it, once I'm out there I'm glad I sat in traffic for an hour to "make it happen". There are moments when I think "What on earth are you doing? Do you really think this is going to work? How are you going to keep up with work and your students once summer starts and the ice time is in the morning? How can I cut back on hours at work to accommodate my students? Can I really afford that? What if I lose students?" Even with those thoughts it all feels right and I know that I have to continue to trust. God brought me here, He will continue to take perfect care as He always does. This is a place I love, it is uncertain and exciting. How is it all going to play out?!!!


Have a beautiful day!
Ciao,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment