Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Hope

While reading my Advent devotional yesterday, I read something that made me realize my mindset was a bit off. I like to tell myself that I won't be disappointed, in turn, this made me give up hope! It wasn't intentional it just happened because I was so sick of being disappointed. Sneaky little devil. 


"But there it is, right there in today’s reading—the impossible made possible. Isn’t it a beautiful reminder? So, if you’re in the midst of one of those bad days when hope is an arduous undertaking, seek out the vulnerability hope brings and remember that “nothing will be impossible for God.” ~ Brittany Calavitta


"Seek out the vulnerability hope brings." I have never thought of it in this way before. That in order to have hope in God, there is in fact sometimes or quite often in my life disappointment, but that is no reason to give up hope. Our hope is imperfect, sometimes what we want isn't in fact what God has for us, maybe He has something better, or we aren't yet ready for what He has for us. Keep hope in your heart and childlike Faith that, you are right where He wants you to be. 

Have a beautiful day!
Ciao,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment