Thursday, February 11, 2016

February fitness

How is your February? I always feel like by this point here in Minnesota I am starting to get over the whole idea of winter and I need the SUN! It's slowly starting to set in, I will say that the beautiful snowfall has helped though:) It's hard to get myself motivated to get up and move when it's so gray outside all I want to do is stay in under a warm blanket and read a book or watch Netflix. The trails aren't exactly fit for running, at least not in my mind, some people are crazier than me believe it or not! So how do you stay fit and active during the winter months?! Here's a look at what I've been up to. 

Walking in a winter wonderland. There is nothing more peaceful than a snow-laden trail and listening to nature. Being out in God's beauty is so good for the soul even when it's freezing cold out:) There is beauty in the bare trees and the snow covered ground.








Running, yes getting on that boring treadmill in the wintertime can be a drag but figure out what motivates you, music a movie a good show. I actually really look forward my runs over my lunch hour as a way to burn off frustration (if it's been one of those days) and keep me going for the afternoon. Music seems to be the best motivation for me when I run and I've been using youtube as my source for the past year now. Call me cheap for not wanting to buy my music, I burn out on it pretty quick so it seems like a waste. I have a long playlist going on youtube that I only listen to when I run so I actually sometimes can't wait to put my ear buds in and go.

Yoga with Adriene - For those days you want to take it a little easy and lay off the running. For me, I need more stretching. And yoga makes me feel so centered and grounded and it reminds me to engage my core. Adriene has a lot of videos to choose from and it's more traditional yoga. Or at least, what I consider traditional yoga haha. I'm not a big fan of yoga sculpt, or with weights, I love a good yoga mat workout and she's got them! I am a few days into her Yoga Camp series, join me?


How are you staying fit during these cold gray months? I would love some more ideas.

Have a beautiful day
Ciao,
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment