It always amazes me how quickly life can be put into perspective. I was feeling discouraged at the beginning of the week about my schedule and the hunt for an apartment, I felt like everything was falling apart. The adorable condo that a friend and I decided to go ahead on was rented out a day before we put in our application. Someone at work with more seniority than me wanted to go down in FTE, therefore, I would no longer be eligible for a decrease in FTE to accommodate my figure skating students.
AND one of my students passed her first three figure skating tests this morning! Three tests in one day is a BIG deal! That doesn't happen often. The only other person I know who's done it is me:) ha ha I'm sure others have too. The judge after the testing was finished: "Well that was a great way to start my day!" Because they were beautifully skated tests:)
I always get so nervous for testing, as in there was a pit in my stomach starting the night before. You just never know what is going to happen on testing days. I am going to tell you why having a student take three tests at one test session is a big deal. First of all, it's expensive, it's a lot on the skater to remember their elements for each test, the elements have to be skated in a specific order, skating them well obviously and dealing with nerves on top of it all. If the student doesn't pass the first test of the three, they're done that's it the other two tests that are paid for are forfeit and you don't get your money back. I'm crazy, but I knew my skater could do it! I would have never put her out there for three tests if I had a shadow of a doubt.
ONE step at a time, ONE prayer at a time. Enjoy those steps even the ones when you're dragging your feet through the deep thick mud, it's okay you have galoshes on! :)
Photos: Lowertown St. Paul
Have a beautiful day
Ciao,
Rachel








No comments:
Post a Comment