Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Positives and negatives of the city {3} in winter

I haven't done an update on this in a while. So, here we go! 

I can say the city isn't quite as fun in the winter time, I am still loving it here, though. I especially love it when there is a snow storm and I don't have to deal with the morning commute into work, the evening commute to the rink is another story but that is a bit more flexible. 

A couple of weekends ago the St. Paul Winter Carnival took place in the center of downtown, it is known for its ice sculptures, parades and this year and outdoor stage. A friend and I made it out for a fun evening of an outdoor concert in the park and drinks from the ice bar. 





This area is always so beautiful in the winter time with all of the trees dressed in lights! It makes for a magical winter scene.


The outdoor ice rink has been really fun with family and friends this winter too! I love that it is only a walk away and free unless you have to rent skates and they are still only a couple of dollars.

I have found that there is so much to do here that I sometimes have to pick and choose and on occasion say no and spend an evening in. Between coaching every evening and wanting to get out and be social, I get burnt out and or behind on boring things like laundry cleaning and cooking. It's kind of crazy to think that I went from a town of boredom and nothing to do, it was so hard to meet anyone, to having too much to do! I thank God for this opportunity and time in my life, He is so good and always provides just in time.

Snowy walks to restaurants during a blizzard with a friend! SO. much. fun!

Have a beautiful day!
Ciao,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment