A rolfing session and a massage all in one day! Glorious, I can move with ease again!!!
I love coffee dates in real life. They're my favorite, who wants to go on one?!:) Today let's pretend we are visiting this adorable coffee house in Galway Ireland, okay!:) Swoon.
How is this life of mine going?
I didn't know what it was going to be like to move and start a new job. I just knew that I had to move on from where I was no matter what it took. It's different than starting your very first job right out of school. It is easier because I have experience and at the same time, it's different. The relationships have to be re-established with my new co-workers. I was respected and trusted at my last job, now I feel like I have to gain that respect and trust with my new co-workers and the Cardiologists I work with. It's a humbling experience, and I didn't see that coming. It takes you right back to the bottom of the totem poll. For a short bit.
I love coffee dates in real life. They're my favorite, who wants to go on one?!:) Today let's pretend we are visiting this adorable coffee house in Galway Ireland, okay!:) Swoon.
How is this life of mine going?
I didn't know what it was going to be like to move and start a new job. I just knew that I had to move on from where I was no matter what it took. It's different than starting your very first job right out of school. It is easier because I have experience and at the same time, it's different. The relationships have to be re-established with my new co-workers. I was respected and trusted at my last job, now I feel like I have to gain that respect and trust with my new co-workers and the Cardiologists I work with. It's a humbling experience, and I didn't see that coming. It takes you right back to the bottom of the totem poll. For a short bit.
The beginning of anything new is all fun and exciting, new jobs, new apartment, new city new co-workers and new students. Once I was finally settled in I realized; this is a LOT all at once and it was hard at times. I longed and still long for that comfortable place when you feel like you have been at a job, or around people long enough that they know you and you, them. The relationships have become comfortable and you can joke around and be your crazy self. I feel like I have just started to reach that point with my new coworkers at my echo position and I am grateful for that! They are yet another great group of Echocardiographers that I get to work with. #blessed
I also think I came into this move with high expectations in regard to certain things. I thought that it would be easier to meet people, it most definitely is and in other ways it's the same. There are so many more opportunities to meet people and I have taken advantage for sure. It all still takes time. I have been really trying to focus on the now and enjoying the ride whatever the day or moment brings. This is what I've wanted for how many years now? Live it up!
I hate it when I allow my focus to get off, when I want to rush through life to get to the next stage and think that I am not happy with my life the way it is. Well if I'm not happy with it this way why would I be when this or that happens? True joy is not circumstantial it is everlasting because God is the only one who can give true joy in our daylie trials.
Coaching has been slow this summer and I admit it's been a bit discouraging. I am trying not to hold on too tight though and let it happen and not let it get me down. I think it will get better this fall, when I will be going to the rink two to three days a week instead of the one day a week it's been this summer. Just yesterday I lost one student in the morning (she was commuting from a ways away) than that afternoon I gained two more! #blessedagain
Even with the ups and downs I love my life here in St. Paul!
Linked up with Jenna for August's coffee date!
Have a beautiful day, and weekend!
Ciao,
Rachel
I hate it when I allow my focus to get off, when I want to rush through life to get to the next stage and think that I am not happy with my life the way it is. Well if I'm not happy with it this way why would I be when this or that happens? True joy is not circumstantial it is everlasting because God is the only one who can give true joy in our daylie trials.
Coaching has been slow this summer and I admit it's been a bit discouraging. I am trying not to hold on too tight though and let it happen and not let it get me down. I think it will get better this fall, when I will be going to the rink two to three days a week instead of the one day a week it's been this summer. Just yesterday I lost one student in the morning (she was commuting from a ways away) than that afternoon I gained two more! #blessedagain
Even with the ups and downs I love my life here in St. Paul!
Linked up with Jenna for August's coffee date!
Have a beautiful day, and weekend!
Ciao,
Rachel






No comments:
Post a Comment