Monday, November 30, 2015

Advent

It's snowing and I'm not going to lie I LOVE it. I am ever so grateful that I don't have a commute to work, so many people were late this morning due to the snow. I'm just glad they made it safely. Walking a mile was so much easier than dealing with city traffic and snow! YUK 



We are already into the season of Advent, believe it or not! I love this beautiful time of anticipation and preparation for one of my most favorite Feast days!
How am I going to prepare for His coming? I don't want this Advent season to be filled with things that I have to get done, things that I have to buy. I want it to be a Spiritual Advent, one where I grow in my relationship with God. I need it more than ever lately. Life has a way of taking over and I always notice when my prayer time is slipping away. Nothing goes well, I lose the joy in my day to day and life starts to feel impossible. 

This Advent I am using the Blessed Is She Advent Journal. It is the days Mass readings, and space to journal and reflect on the readings. I always feel it is helpful to write when reading scripture, it helps me to absorb and understand what I'm reading and more able to apply it to my everyday life.




Another helpful way to keep Advent focused on Jesus coming, is Fr. Robert Barrons daily reflections on Advent. These are sent to your email every morning, they are short and give you something to focus on for your day. I love them and Fr. Barron always has such beautiful words of wisdom. Click on the link and sign up, they are free and a great way to help you prepare during this Advent season.

What are some things that you are focusing on this Advent Season as we prepare for His coming?

Have a beautiful day!
Ciao,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment